Fo0die dined as a guest of Dashing Donuts and as such, the rating does not give any consideration to customer service.
Located in the fashion capital, Chadstone and just in front of Sportsgirl, Dashing Donuts fills a doughnut void at the shopping centre. Hand made fresh daily using traditional artisan Italian dough, we visited when the venue was two months old at the time.
While there are no dine in seating nor a proper store, the cute store front located in the centre of the shopping floor is fenced with large carbon coloured arches at the front.
The cashier is on one side of the store and a large glass display cabinet of the doughnut flavours available on the other.
We sampled six doughnuts and a milkshake. The milkshake (not pictured) was on the sweeter side. Unfortunately I only realised they had Code Black coffee (which I love!) after the fact but that may have been the better option to balance off the doughnut.
While we did not eat all six on the day, the one we did have straight away was a little more dense than our personal preference of a fluffy yeast raised doughnut. It did leave us pondering whether the doughnut texture would be different when it was still warm. Therefore we of course tried to revitalise the rest of our doughnuts by microwaving them for the magic number of 8 seconds (although we did 10 seconds on our microwave) and the doughnut texture was much more fluffier.
Price wise the doughnuts are on the pricier side (in our opinion when taking into consideration the size in comparison to others). But with the very adorable packaging (both the box and carry bag) and the wide range of appealing flavours (loved the flavours!), the price point perhaps reflects this.
Dishes that make up this review
- Custard bombolini; filled full of vanilla custard cream ($5)
- Butter popcorn; popcorn smothered in a rich butterscotch coating and drizzled with milky chocolate ($6)
- Tim tam slam; whole tim tams sunk into a dark chocolate glaze and drizzled with nutella ($6)
- Jam bombolini; jammed full of finger licking strawberry jam ($5)
- Creme brulee; soft, fluffy and sugary, filled with a vanilla custard cream ($6)
- Cookies and cream; crushed oreo cookies, chocolate drizzle and sugar dusting ($6)